Wednesday, September 15

Laissez le Bon Temps Rouler


I'm off to the Big Easy this weekend for a wedding. It took baby sister heading to LSU for school to give me my first taste of N'awlins, and I love it!

The culture, the sounds, the colors, the history, the vampires. It's almost like you're in another country. Which, with all the rich history it holds, you just might be!

If you've never been, put it on your must do list.

Have a beignet at Cafe Du Monde.
Marvel at the architecture in the French Quarter.
See what all the Voodoo hype is about.
And, take a tour. Any tour. The Garden District. A cemetery. The swamp.
The one thing I missed out on last time was the "amazing food" I'd heard so much about. I have it on good authority that I'll definitely get my fill of Cajun & Creole cuisine this time.
If I close my eyes, I think I can hear the jazz drifting out onto the cobblestone streets, and into the warm night air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so I know that I'm not just writing to the wind.

Comments make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Hugs and Smooches!